For our family, June marks the beginning of summer. School ends, the weather warms up, the days get longer, and we’re all ready for a change of pace and some family fun adventures.
These June simple family fun ideas are perfect for the changing season. Some of these ideas will get you outside and others are perfect to do inside on a hot day. And, several can be done at any time of the year (not just summer). But, what brings all these ideas together is that they are simple, inexpensive, and a great way to connect.
Let’s plan a family adventure!
Disclosure: There are Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy on our Disclosure Page for more details.
Fire up your printer, print out your simple June family adventures, hang it up, and plan some fun.
I know you’ll find an activity (or two or three or four…) that your family will love.
Table of Contents
June Outdoor Adventures
June is a great time to get outside and have some fun. So, these family fun ideas will give you a nudge to enjoy the outdoors.
1. Blow up a beach ball and play beach ball volleyball in your backyard. No net needed! Just have some fun.
2. Take a trip to a nearby nature center. Go on a hike, explore their visitors center and have fun learning about the wildlife in your part of the world. Nature centers are a great community resource and most are free or inexpensive to visit.
3. Trace each other’s shadows on the driveway. Add faces, hair, and clothes to make a silly shadow family.
4. Go stargazing. Pick a clear night and go outside to study the moon and stars. You can find tips for stargazing with your kids as well as a printable night sky journal at this link.
5. Lie together under a tree and look up. What do you see? Use this time to relax together and talk about all that you see.
6. Explore a pond together. Observe and learn about all the animals and plants you see or try one of these simple activities for pond play at Buggy and Buddy. This might even inspire a second family adventure to the library to find some books about pond life.
June Indoor Family Adventures
Even in summer, sometimes the weather doesn’t cooperate. Save these ideas for a rainy day, a steamy hot day, or anytime you’re looking for some indoor fun.
7. Have a letter writing evening and write letters to faraway family or friends. Use pretty stationary or decorate your own with markers and stickers. You can even go all in with a fun set of personalized notecards for your kids like this set from EightTwentyOneStudio.
8. Go to the grocery store or farmer’s market and buy a few new-to-you fruits (or vegetables). Have a family taste test and maybe you’ll find a new favorite snack.
9. Learn to make play dough together. You can find many fun recipes on my play dough Pinterest board. Gather up some loose parts (like rocks, pipe cleaners, or craft foam pieces) and start creating.
10. Discover a new genre of music together through books and music. YouTube and your local library are both great resources.
Print Out Your June Simple Family Fun Ideas
You can find all these family adventures on a printable list here. Just download it and print. Hang it on the refrigerator and you’ll be ready for a month full of family fun ideas.
Jot a few ideas on the calendar and you’ll be sure to have time with the family. Remember, a family adventure doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. You just need a couple of hours and a fun idea.
Which of these June simple family fun ideas are you going to add to your calendar this month?
You May Also Like One of These Family Fun Ideas:
More June Family Fun Resources
In addition to all the fun ideas listed above, the following items are fun to have around for last minute family fun. Yard games are always a lot of fun!