Yesterday, I gave my top 10 most popular posts according to page views.
Today, I want to share my favorite posts that did not make it into the top 10. Some are from the early days of my blog and others are more recent.
While putting together this post, I realized I’ve only been blogging in this space since June – wow! It’s been so much fun and I can’t wait for the year to come!
I love all the projects we’ve done and just couldn’t narrow it down to 10, So here they are, my top 11 favorite posts of 2011.
11. We spent a day observing, playing with and doing simple science experiments with ice. They’re all here in this post: ice play.
10. I set out all the parts to make a mask and let the girls come up with their own creations. I love this post because it was child-led and I loved to see the creations the girls came up with. Check it out here: making masks.
9. We had a lot of fun learning about Japan and one of the crafts we did at that time were these recycled kokeshi dolls.
8. We played outside a lot and one of the fun things we did was this driveway obstacle course made only with sidewalk chalk.
7. I love books and so do my girls. I’ve been having a lot of fun coming up with craft projects to go along with some of the books we read. Here is one based on one of my favorite books for my childhood: The Little House Book and Craft.
6. We love pretend play and the girls absolutely loved this pretend snack bar we set up!
5. I stepped outside my comfort zone and let my 4-year-old use a glue gun while crafting. Check out a girl and a glue gun to see our creations!
4. After seeing so many inspiring pictures of story stones, I decided to make a set for the girl. They were simple stones made with only rocks and a Sharpie. Here are our story stones.
3. A pivotal point for me was participating in the Creative Christmas Countdown along with a group of talented and inspiring kid bloggers. Here is my post about giving back and helping others.
2. I love a good scavenger hunt and we had a great time with our backyard scavenger hunt!
1. Well, it’s time for my favorite post and I’m not telling you yet! Come back on January 2nd and I’ll reveal my favorite post.