I don’t know about your winters, but where I live it’s very likely that we’ll be stuck indoors on many winter days due to dangerously cold temperatures and blizzard like conditions. (No, I don’t live in the frozen tundra, just the upper-Midwest part of the US.)
Or maybe you’re in the middle of summer and it’s hot and muggy outside. You can’t send the kids outside, so what are you going to do?
Disclosure: There are Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy on our Disclosure Page for more details.
In case you’re stuck indoors and your kids are getting a little stir crazy, here are 10 ideas for some indoor fun:
1. Find a big piece of cardboard and let your little artists get creative like we did with our Mary, Mary Quite Contrary mural.
2. Put on your pajamas, pop in a good movie, and drink hot cocoa.
3. Make masking tape roads and get out all the toy cars. Here’s a great example of a masking tape town from Creatively Content.
4. Make your own play dough.
5. Have a very bubbly bubble bath or create with bath tub paint. Growing a Jeweled Rose has a fun collection of bath paints you can try.
8. Have fun with simple science experiments using everyday household items. Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas recently had a Mad Science Week with several fun ideas to try
9. Have a competition to see who can build the tallest block tower or who can build a tower the fastest. Challenge each other with building activities.
10. Raid your recycling bin and use cardboard rolls as stamps like we did with our cardboard roll stamping.
*Bonus Activity* Gather the whole family and put together a jigsaw puzzle. It’s fun, challenging, and a great way to spend time together!
What is your favorite thing to do when you’re stuck indoors?