We started our journey the same way Phileas Fogg did in London, UK, and then moved northeast into Stockholm, Sweden. Our third station now is Moscow, capital of the vast country that is Russia.
- March 4 – First country was the UK
- April 1 – The second country was Sweden
- May 6 – The third country is Russia
How to join the fun! (Thank you Glittering Muffins for compiling all of this information.)
- Cook a dish from Russia: The goal is to explore this country through FOOD and activities if you wish. Make a typical dish (sweet or savoury) from the country with the kids, take photos and have fun!
- Typical dishes: Solyanka, Borscht, Shchi, Pelmeni and Pirozhki.
- Print your passport: Click here to download, comes with space for a photo of the child with the dish. Here is a little cover for it if you wish 🙂
- Color a placemat: Once colored/painted or whatever other way you want to do this, you can laminate it or put it between clear contact paper to use it over and over. Great conversation piece for you and your kids. Click here to download it.
- Make a craft: you can make a country related craft with the kids [optional!]
- Read a book: We recommend “The Littlest Matryoshka” by Corinne Demas Bliss
- Fun fact: Every day over 9 MILLION passengers ride the Metro, Moscow’s vast underground subway system. In a single day, an average of 9915 trains operate between 5am – 1am, making the New York subway system seem like a miniature child’s toy.
- Share with us: Our Russia challenge starts on May 6th and will remain open for a year, so attach a link to your blog to enter the linky party or go to the comment section and post a photo together with what you did together with your child(ren).
- Pinterest: We will add your photos to a “Around the World in 12 Dishes” Pinterest Boards (one for the dishes, one for the crafts) you will be a great source of inspiration for everyone 🙂
- Are you a blogger? Let your fans know about the challenge and grab our button to share it on your blog.