I hope you have fun exploring India and all of the other countries we’ll be visiting!
Around the World in 12 Dishes
We had started our journey the same way Phileas Fogg did in London, UK, and Stockholm, Sweden continued on to Moscow in Russia. Now our next stop is New Delhi, capital of the exotic sub-continent of India!
- March 4 – First country was the UK
- April 1 – The second country was Sweden
- May 6 – The third country was Russia
- June 3 – The fourth country is India
How to join the fun!
- The only mandatory part is the dish, the rest is all up to you, we just thought it would be fun and more concrete to the kids as to why we are making a unusual dish.
- Cook a dish from India: The goal is to explore this country through FOOD and activities if you wish. Make a typical dish (sweet or savoury) from the country with the kids, take photos and have fun!
- Typical dishes: Butter chicken, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Rogan Josh and Naan.
- Print your passport: Click here to download, comes with space for a photo of the child with the dish. Here is a little cover for it if you wish 🙂
- Color a placemat: Once colored/painted or whatever other way you want to do this, you can laminate it or put it between clear contact paper to use it over and over. Great conversation piece for you and your kids. Click here to download it.
- Make a craft: you can make a country related craft with the kids [optional!]
- Read a book: Check in at Glittering Muffins for a review for “T is for Taj Mahal”.
- Fun fact: India actually is the birthplace of the number zero! The rule for its use was first shown in Brahmagupta’s book “Brahamasputha Siddhanta” in 624 AD!
- Share with us: Our India challenge starts on June 3rd and will remain open for a year, so attach a link to your blog to enter the linky party or go to the comment section and post a photo together with what you did together with your child(ren).
- Pinterest: We will add your photos to a “Around the World in 12 Dishes” Pinterest Boards (one for the dishes, one for the crafts) you will be a great source of inspiration for everyone 🙂