Quite possibly one of our favorite things to create with is the lowly cardboard tube.
But, really, it’s the perfect craft supply. It’s readily available, completely frugal, and very “green.
Is there anything better?
I’ve rounded up 10 fun projects to do with the empty cardboard tube
Disclosure: There are Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy on our Disclosure Page for more details.
1. Make a marble run. Check out this post from Teach Preschool to see how to use a few magnets and some cardboard tubes to make a really fun marble run.
2. Turn them into animals! Little Wonders Days shares these cute cardboard tube squirrels.
3. Make a stethoscope. All For the Boys shows you how to make these fun & easy DIY stethoscopes.
4. Make monsters! Check out our fun googly-eyed monsters.
5. Make pretend play props. We used cardboard tubes to make logs when we set up our small world pond.
7. Make caterpillars. The Iowa Farmer’s Wife shows you how to make this colorful caterpillar from an empty cardboard tube and pipe cleaners.
8. Explore a new culture. We crafted these fun kokeshi dolls while learning about Japan.
9. Make puppets. Check out these amazing marionettes from Red Ted Art!
10. Use them as stamps. We squished them into a heart shape and had fun stamping! You could try any shape such as a circle, star, diamond, or oval.
*Bonus Activity – Let baby play with a few empty cardboard tubes for a fun sensory experience. Baby would also have fun putting them in and out of a box or basket! (As with all things, make sure to supervise baby while he’s playing with the cardboard tubes.)
What have you made lately with an empty cardboard tube?