Even minus the food, we still had a great experience imagining ourselves as rug sellers deep in the markets of Marrakech.
Around the World in 12 Dishes
We had started our journey the same way Phileas Fogg did in London, UK, and now are arriving in Rabat, capital of Morocco!
- March 4 – First country was the UK
- April 1 – The second country was Sweden
- May 6 – The third country was Russia
- June 3 – The fourth country was India
- July 7 – The fifth country was Japan
- August 5 – The sixth country was Australia
- September 2 – The seventh country was French Polynesia
- October 7 – The eighth country was Mexico
- November 4 – The ninth country was Brazil
- December 2 – The tenth country is Morocco!
How to join the fun!
- The only mandatory part is the dish, the rest is all up to you, we just thought it would be fun and more concrete to the kids as to why we are making a unusual dish.
- Cook a dish from Morocco: The goal is to explore this country through FOOD and activities if you wish. Make a typical dish (sweet or savoury) from the country with the kids, take photos and have fun!
- Typical dishes: Tajine, Briouat, Kefta, Merguez or Ma’amoul.
- Print your passport: Click here to download, comes with space for a photo of the child with the dish. Here is a little cover for it if you wish 🙂
- Color a placemat: Once colored/painted or whatever other way you want to do this, you can laminate it or put it between clear contact paper to use it over and over. Great conversation piece for you and your kids. Click here to download it.
- Make a craft: you can make a country related craft with the kids [optional!]
- Fun fact: Even though the official language is Arabic, Moroccan Arabic is so different that someone from, for example, Saudi-Arabia will hardly be able to understand.
- Share with us: Our Morocco challenge starts on November 2nd and will remain open for a year, so attach a link to your blog to enter the linky party or go to the comment section and post a photo together with what you did together with your child(ren).
- Pinterest: We will add your photos to a “Around the World in 12 Dishes” Pinterest Boards (one for the dishes, one for the crafts) you will be a great source of inspiration for everyone 🙂
- Are you a blogger? Let your fans know about the challenge and grab our cute lil’ button to share it on your blog.