Around the World in 12 Dishes
We had started our journey the same way Phileas Fogg did in London, UK, and Stockholm, Sweden continued on to Moscow in Russia. Now our next stop is New Delhi, capital of the exotic sub-continent of India!
- March 4 – First country was the UK
- April 1 – The second country was Sweden
- May 6 – The third country was Russia
- June 3 – The fourth country was India
- July 1 – The fifth country is Japan!
How to join the fun!
- The only mandatory part is the dish, the rest is all up to you, we just thought it would be fun and more concrete to the kids as to why we are making a unusual dish.
- Cook a dish from Japan: The goal is to explore this country through FOOD and activities if you wish. Make a typical dish (sweet or savoury) from the country with the kids, take photos and have fun!
- Typical dishes: Sushi, Gohan, Chicken Yakitori, Gyoza, Sukiyaki, Yakisoba.
- Print your passport: Click here to download, comes with space for a photo of the child with the dish. Here is a little cover for it if you wish 🙂
- Color a placemat: Once colored/painted or whatever other way you want to do this, you can laminate it or put it between clear contact paper to use it over and over. Great conversation piece for you and your kids. Click here to download it.
- Make a craft: you can make a country related craft with the kids [optional!]
- Read a book: We recommend “K is for Kabuki”.
- Fun fact: Many of the western style toilets in Japan have a built-in bidet system for spraying your backside.
- Share with us: Our Japan challenge starts on July 1st and will remain open for a year, so attach a link to your blog to enter the linky party or go to the comment section and post a photo together with what you did together with your child(ren).
- Pinterest: We will add your photos to a “Around the World in 12 Dishes” Pinterest Boards (one for the dishes, one for the crafts) you will be a great source of inspiration for everyone 🙂
- Are you a blogger? Let your fans know about the challenge and grab our cute lil’ button to share it on your blog.
Latest posts by Terri Thompson (see all)
- Go on a Family Adventure and Discover a “New to You” Park - April 13, 2017
- Koala Bookmark - March 20, 2017
- Beautiful Spring Art Projects for Kids - March 10, 2017