Since Dr. Seuss’s birthday is tomorrow (March, 2nd), I couldn’t think of any better topic for my “10 Ways” series this week. But, unfortunately, we haven’t done any Dr. Seuss activities. So, I asked some of my favorite blogger if they wanted to share. And, wow, do I ever have some good stuff to show you!
1. Celebrate movement with The Foot Book! Join Reading Confetti as they cut out footprints and jumped, ran, and had loads of fun.
2. Read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish with Toddler Approved. Then have fun graphing goldfish, balancing fish on a dish, and even playing Ring the Gack!
3. Create with The Shape of Me and Other Stuff. Kitchen Counter Chronicles made beautiful shadow puppets to go along with the book.
4. Celebrate one of the characters in The Cat In the Hat by making fish in a fish bowl along with Mama Mia’s Heart2Heart.
5. Join Putti Prapancha and have some messy fun by making some Oobleck from Bartholomew and the Oobleck.
6. Have a Lorax sandwich while reading the book, The Lorax, with JDaniel4’s Mom.
(via JDaniel4’s Mom)
7. Get artistic with Green Eggs and Ham. Classified: Mom shows you how to make Sam I Am with hand and foot prints!
8. Get a little silly with The Cat In the Hat while making Thing 1 and Thing 2 craft stick puppets with Toddler Approved.
9. Make some pretty socks for Fox in Socks! Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas shows you how.
(via Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
10. Play a game with Dr. Seuss’s ABC book. Kitchen Counter Chronicles played a fun ABC scavenger hunt based on the book.
What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
The following two tabs change content below.
Terri is a writer and mom of two elementary-aged girls. She has a passion for learning and is always looking for ways to make learning fun. You can find her at Better Than Homework where she shares fun learning activities or Creative Family Fun where she shares art, craft, and family fun ideas.
Latest posts by Terri Thompson (see all)
- Go on a Family Adventure and Discover a “New to You” Park - April 13, 2017
- Koala Bookmark - March 20, 2017
- Beautiful Spring Art Projects for Kids - March 10, 2017